Important information regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
We’re still open online and delivering, but have temporarily closed our stores until further notice.
(Latest update: 28/03/2020 Time: 12:00)
In light of recent advice and to protect our customers and colleagues, we have decided to close all stores until further notice. We continue to operate online, but due to high demand, our delivery lead times maybe longer than usual. Please bear with us, we’ll get your orders to you as quickly as possible. For delivery tracking, please use our online tracker
Returns Policy - Whilst our stores are temporarily closed, we’re giving customers extra time to return products. You will still have 21 days from the date you purchased, but this will exclude the dates that your local store is closed.
All other terms and conditions are unchanged – so if you’ve changed your mind and no longer want a product, this can be returned as long as it’s still in the original unopened packaging and unused.
- We don’t want to inundate you with emails so follow us on Twitter or Facebook which is where we’ll mostly share our updates on the moving situation.
If you have any concerns please contact our customer service teams or check this page for the latest updates.
Update on our delivery service on big items
The safety of our colleagues and customers is always our top priority, but we’re taking extra precautions due to the latest government advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For delivery of large items (TVs over 40” and kitchen appliances):
1. Our delivery crews continue to deliver this essential tech to customer homes, and we’ve provided all of our crews with antibacterial gel and cleaning wipes to be used before and after every delivery.
2. If anyone in your household is self-isolating because of potential exposure, to protect you and our colleagues we won’t be able to provide install or recycling services and can only deliver to your front door.
3. Our crews will call you on the day of your delivery. Let us know if you would prefer a ‘contact free’ delivery to your front door or garage.
4. We’re experiencing very high demand, it’s therefore more important than ever to let us know if you’re not able to receive your delivery so we can reallocate your slot to another customer (please call us on 1890 400 001).
5. Our delivery crews are following the latest government advice to self-isolate should they experience any symptoms of Coronavirus. This means that some deliveries may be changed last minute – we’re working hard to minimise this but please bear with us.
Please be advised that with the best interests of our customers and our delivery team, we will have temporarily removed installation options for large kitchen appliances (excluding cooking and integrated cooking).
Update on our install & recycling services
To keep our colleagues and customers safe, we’re stopping all but our essential install services – this includes existing bookings. We’re continuing our recycling service.
Install services:We want to keep our colleagues visiting customers’ homes safe, and with that in mind, we’re stopping all but our critical services – electric cooker install.
We think this is vital to keep the basics of family life going so we’ll keep doing it, but we’re taking major safety precautions;
- Please keep at least 2m away from our install crews at all times
- If you can, stay in another room away from where our install crews are working – they’ll still get you to check everything is working OK before they leave
- Our install crews are also following the latest government advice on self-isolation – this means that some install services may be changed last minute – please bear with us, we will get to you as quick as we can
All installations are completed at the discretion of our install teams. If we’re unable to complete your install for any reason, we’ll discuss alternative arrangements with you.
If you’ve already placed an order for a different install service, we’re really sorry, but we’ll be in touch to cancel. We want to make sure we’re limiting contact where possible to protect our colleagues and our customers. We’ll automatically refund this part of your order, please bear with us whilst we do this. Your delivery will go ahead as planned.
If you’ve added recycling to your order, we’ll go ahead with collecting your old appliance. Please make sure it is safely disconnected before our teams arrive.
If you’re able to safely do so, please help our teams by having it outside your property ready for collection.
Update on our delivery service for small items
Our courier partner, DPD, continues to operate deliveries as normal.
DPD have updated their delivery processes to take extra precautions due to Coronavirus, including:
1. Issuing a clear travel policy to all our people that follows the latest guidelines given by HSE and WHO.
2. Extensively communicating to all personnel the importance of following basic hygiene protocols in line with WHO and HSE guidance. This particularly focuses on hand hygiene and touching eyes, face and nose. DPD has a strong internal communication processes in place to ensure that personnel are fully aware of how to mitigate risk.
Update on our Care services
For our Kit Insurance customers, its business as usual.
We want to make sure we can get to our customers who really need our help. So, until further notice, we are still offering repairs on products; refrigeration, cooking and laundry. If you have a problem, please call our claims department on 1800 333 326
We’re also taking extra precautions to keep customers and our repair engineers safe:
- Our repair crews will take all necessary safety precautions, including using antibacterial gel before and after every visit and will use cleaning wipes where possible
- We will call you before your appointment. If anyone at the property is isolating due to potential exposure, we will not complete the appointment and will re-schedule
- We ask that you stay 2m away from our repair engineers at all times and ideally in another room whilst they work on your appliance – don’t worry, they’ll still show you that everything is back up and running (or advise on next steps) before leaving
- Our repair engineers are also following latest government advice and self-isolating where they need to. This means that your repair appointment may be changed at the last minute. Please bear with us if this happens, we’ll get to you as quickly as we can.
Televisions, Laptops, Tablets & Macs:
With millions working from home or home-schooling, we appreciate that Vision & Computing products are absolutely essential right now. We’re keeping our state-of-the-art repair lab open for as long as possible. If you have a problem with your Television or computing product – please contact our claims department on 1800 333 326 and we can arrange for our team to collect it from your home.
Information on Instant Replacement Insurance:
For any other product, including customers with an Instant Replacement agreement, please call our claims line on 1800 333 326 if you need to make a claim.
For customers without a Kit Insurance of Instant Replacement agreement, we’re temporarily suspending our repair services until further notice.