Let's recycle for FREE
Got an old electrical appliance or technology you want out of your home? Like to save the hassle of a trip to the dump, or of getting the council to call? Love someone to do all the heavy lifting and disposal work for you?
Our Producer Registration Number is 217WB
Recycling on delivery
Want your old appliance taken away at the same time you receive your new one? Our recycling on delivery service provides exactly that, plus we’ll dispose of any packaging your new appliance comes in.
Please note: We can only take for recycling an appliance that’s disconnected, empty of all contents with exception of fixtures and fittings and (if it’s a built-in model) is unfixed from your units.
- If you’d like us to disconnect your old appliance, this comes as part of our installation service for your new appliance (see below).
Installation & recycling on delivery
Want your new appliance delivered and fitted, and your old one gone, all in one go? For maximum convenience, add both installation , and when a Currys care representative calls you to book your delivery request recycling for FREE of your old appliance .
Importantly, our installation service includes disconnecting your old electrical appliance. Please note: we do not install or disconnect gas appliances. We recommend you source your own registered gas installer or Gas Safe registered engineers. We certainly do not want to damage your property during collection, so in some circumstances we are not able to disconnect old appliances. Below are some examples of why we would not be able to disconnect;
- Your old appliance is hard wired into a fused spur
- Your old appliance has tap connections that have seized up
- Your old appliance cannot be moved
- If we’re bringing and fitting a freestanding appliance, we’ll disconnect a freestanding appliance.
- If we’re bringing and fitting a built-in appliance, we’ll disconnect either a built-in appliance (includes unfixing it from your units), or a freestanding appliance.
However, if we’re bringing and fitting a freestanding appliance, and the one to be disconnected is built-in, it’s a special job. To arrange this, please call Customer Services on 0818 440 001.
Free recycling also available in-store
Whenever you like, and without buying anything new, you can also take to your local Currys store any electricals or electronics you no longer want for free recycling . We accept everything from computers to toasters, and floor cleaners to TVs, whether bought from us or someone else.
- Please make sure any appliance you pass to us for recycling is in a fit state. Fridges or freezers should be defrosted, with no water left inside.
- If we’re recycling on delivery, it’s important we don’t damage your home. So in some cases it may be we can’t remove your unwanted appliance. Examples include an unmovable appliance, seized-up taps, and an appliance hard wired into a fused spur.
- With recycling on delivery, we can only guarantee to remove an appliance that’s roughly the same size as the one we’re delivering. Or one that’s smaller. However, we’re always keen to satisfy your requirements, and provided we have space on our truck, we’ll take away an appliance that’s larger than the one we’re delivering.
- If the manufacturer is delivering your new appliance direct, they’ll only recycle like for like – for example, if you’re receiving a new fridge freezer, they’ll only take a fridge freezer.
- If you’re bringing a PC, tablet, laptop or mobile phone for recycling in-store please ensure any personal data is removed first. Otherwise, there’s our data wipe service for computers.
As Ireland and UK's largest electrical retailer, we collect, re-use and recycle over 65,000 tonnes of waste electronics each year.
Plus, in July 2007, the government introduced new rules to help reduce volumes of untreated waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) going to landfill, and to control its treatment.
To comply with these rules, we only sell electricals and electronics that can be recycled, as indicated by the symbol of a crossed-out wheelie bin which appears on them.
Even if your old electrical appliances or technologies don’t bear this symbol, the good news is we’ll accept them for recycling.
Our Producer Registration Number is 217WB
Recycle your unwanted electricals and technology, and you help the environment. By diverting these items away from landfill, you prevent the lead and other toxins they contain from polluting the soil and water. The natural habitat, wildlife, and even people’s health all benefit.
For the free recycling of your waste batteries , you’ll find dedicated bins in all Currys stores. Here you can deposit AA or AAA batteries, plus batteries used in computers, mobile phones and wrist watches.
We don't accept industrial batteries or car batteries. For more on how to dispose of these, please contact your supplier or local council.