Select your new device from the links above, and then use our Reserve & Collect service to conveniently collect it from store.
Bring your old device in to store to get an instant valuation from our experts.
We’ll process your trade in and give you a gift card towards the new product you’ve selected!
Don’t forget to:
Transfer the data from your old device. Our experts can help with this from €35!
Bring your power supply and plug
Get €50 - €200 when you trade in a qualifying laptop
and buy any new Windows laptop or ChromebookShop eligible products
Get a guaranteed €200 when you trade in a qualifying laptop
and upgrade to MacBookShop eligible products
Get up to an extra €70 when you trade in any smart watch
and buy a new Samsung Galaxy smart watchShop eligible products
Which devices qualify for trade-in?
We accept trade-in on thousands of laptop. To see whether yours qualifies, it’s quickest to reserve your new product online and then visit your local store. As long as it recognises your laptop specifications, we can accept the device for trade-in.
What happens to my traded-in device?
Traded-in devices are checked, and any data still stored on them is securely wiped. They’re then sent to a third-party for re-use – most are sent to developing markets where laptop and tablet use is growing rapidly.
What happens to any data left on my device?
Keeping your data and sensitive information secure is our top priority. When we receive a device for trade-in, we (or an approved third-party) wipe the data stored on it – this is done to Infosec Standard 5.
If you trade-in an iOS device, we delete the encryption key so that any stored data can’t be deciphered.
If your device can’t be wiped, the data storage components will be destroyed, and the waste materials recycled.
Can I cancel a trade-in?
Once you’ve got an online quote from us, you’re free to trade-in your device or keep it – the choice is yours. If the device you bring into store differs from the one you’ve specified online, the quote we gave you won’t apply.
Once you’ve traded in a device, we won’t be able to return it.
What if my device is broken, fake or counterfeit?
You’ll be able to trade in your device as long as it’s not counterfeit or broken beyond repair. When you get an online quote, we list the kind of failures that we will accept on your trade-in product. If you’re still not sure, simply bring your device into any Currys PC World store.
There’s been an increase in counterfeit devices in the Irish market. They might look like originals, but they are illegally produced, and can be dangerous to use. We won’t be able to accept these items for trade-in.
Can I trade-in a device I didn’t buy from Currys PC World or Carphone Warehouse?
Yes, it doesn’t matter where or when you bought your device. As long as it meets the requirements listed above, you can trade-in your device with us.
How do you assess your device’s trade-in value?
The value of your trade-in device is based on its specification and condition, as confirmed by us in store.
How do you pay me?
We’ll pay you with a Currys PC World gift card to spend in store. Where there are special promotions, there may be restrictions on using your gift card.
Why don’t you offer trade-in online?
You’ll need to bring your device into store so we can verify it and exchange it for a gift card. However you can browse our new term guide to find your perfect laptop or chromebook. Then simply resevere online and collect in store when you bring in your old device.
- Actual trade in value will vary dependant on device, value to be agreed at point of Trade-in
- Offer only available in Curry's PC World Republic of Ireland Stores
- If you trade in your old item ("Device") you will be eligible to receive trade in value in the form of a Currys PC World electronic gift card "eGift Card" from Wednesday 31st July 2019 to Tuesday 24th of September 2019 for Windows Trade-in and Chromebook Trade-in or Apple Macbook Trade-in
- You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions ("Conditions") when you provide us with the device. If you have any questions relating to these Conditions please ask in store before completing the trade in process.
- You confirm you are either the owner of the Device or you have obtained express permission from the rightful owner to trade it in.
- Devices must not be older than 7 years.
- Devices must meet the criteria for working devices and if any of the criteria is not met, trade in may be refused. Your device must be intact and with no obvious faults. It must power on and off and you must have the power supply and plug. The screen must be in full working order, with no cracks, damage or faults. The device must be fully functioning.
- The Device must not be stolen or listed with us or a third party as stolen. For some items (e.g. mobile phones) we will check the device with CheckMEND, from the suppliers of IMMOBILISE as used by UK Police & An Garda Siochana - Republic of Ireland Police forces to trace stolen and missing property. If the device fails any due diligence check we may notify the relevant police authority and we may pass the device and your details to them and the eGift Card value may be cancelled or recovered.
- If the Device contains any additional accessories (eg. memory cards or additional console controllers), you must remove these prior to trade in. We will not be liable for any consequence of you not removing the accessories, including any payments associated with the device.
- If there is data stored on the Device ( e.g. Photos', Contacts, Music, Videos & Graphics etc,) you wish to retain, it must be saved elsewhere and you must remove any memory card and/or all data that has been put onto the Device prior to trade in. We will not be liable for any damage, loss or erasure of any such data or for any consequence of you not removing your data or memory card, including use or disclosure of such data.
- The eGift Card must be used as part or full payment in a Currys or PC World store to purchase a new Windows laptop, Chromebook or Apple Mac. The new laptop must be purchased at the same time as you trade in your old device. Any balance remaining on the eGift Card expires after 2 years.
- The eGift Card cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Once you have traded in the Device, it becomes our property and it will not be possible to retrieve it under any circumstances.
- These Conditions are governed by Irish Law
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions or discontinue the card at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Dixons Carphone Retail Ireland Ltd, 3rd Floor Office Suite, Omni Shopping Centre, Santry, Dublin 9, Ireland.